(Flour free, Egg free, Gluten free, Low carb, Vegan option)
Here is a great Gluten free loaf, loaded with delicious choc chips and packed with protein. I thoroughly enjoy this loaf as a second breakfast toasted or as a sweet 3pm pick me up. This recipes is already very low in carbs with just 9g per serve, but for those following a Keto diet it can be easily adapted by swapping the almond milk for heavy cream and part of the apple sauce for butter.
For my Vegan friends, see the ingredients list for simple vegan alternatives.
- 3 scoops VPA Vanilla WPI (or VPA Premium Plant Vanilla)
- 3 cups Almond Flour
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 2 Chia Eggs
- 1 cup Apple Sauce
- 3/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1/3 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips (or Vegan Chocolate)
- Preheat the oven to 180º. Grease and line a loaf tin.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients, saving half of the choc chips.
- Transfer the mixture to the loaf tin and sprinkle remaining choc chips over the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes and enjoy while still warm, lathered in peanut butter. yum!
MACROS (per serve)