Not going to the gym? Having trouble sleeping? Feeling mentally exhausted? Same! Change and uncertainty takes its toll on both the mind and body. All of us at VPA are certainly feeling it right now! The top things you can do at the moment to maximise your health are eating as much fresh food (including vegetables) as you can, getting enough sleep, and keeping stress and anxiety at bay by practicing relaxation techniques and doing things you enjoy. If you’ve nailed all of those things and are looking for more, here’s four supplements to boost your health and wellbeing.
1. Collagen Pro
Combining the highest quality collagen hydrolysate, with pre- and probiotics, our VPA Collagen Pro is ideal for those who want to maximise their gut health. Did you know that 70% of our immune system is found in our gut? In other words, a healthy gut means a strong immune system, and Collagen Pro can help you achieve gut health in three ways.
- The amino acids that make up collagen protein are directly utilised by the gut and help keep it healthy.
- Probiotics is a fancy word for healthy bacteria. Foods which contain probiotics include yogurt, pickles, kefir, and sauerkraut. Pro-biotics can also be taken in powdered form, including in Collagen Pro. Probiotics help populate our digestive tract with good bacteria, and this helps keep our gut healthy and our immune system strong.
- Prebiotics are what the good bacteria feed on, helping to keep the community diverse and healthy. The fibre you eat in food is a prebiotic, but they can also be taken in supplement form, such as the inulin which is included in Collagen Pro.
Collagen also offers numerous benefits for joints, bones, tendons, ligaments, and cartilage because it is one of the main components of the various connective tissue in our body. You could say that collagen is the glue that holds the body together. Checkout out our Collagen Pro here .
Despite the benefits of consuming a wide variety of fruit and vegetable in our diet, the average Australian doesn’t consume enough. In fact only 7% of Australian adults eat the recommended 5 serves of vegetables each day. Multi green supplements offer the benefits of easily boosting your vitamin and mineral intake. They also have the added benefit of consuming additional antioxidants and enzymes to ensure your cells are functioning at their best. The combination of Wheat Grass, Barley Grass and Spirulina provides you with a variety of nutrients thus improving overall health. Our multi greens are one of the best value on the market, and you can find them here.
L-Glutamine is one of the most abundant and versatile amino acids in the body. Aside from having strong muscle building properties, L-Glutamine is also directly utilised by cells of the gut. Without L-Glutamine these cells would not be able function properly and ultimately defend our bodies against illness and disease. If you would like to add L-glutamine to your stack, you can find it here.
Creatine has been recognised as one of the most effective supplements for strength and muscle gains for decades, but it’s not just for gym bros. What you might not know is that creatine plays an important role in brain health and function. Research in older adults has shown that taking creating regularly can increase memory and recall ability and overall boosting brain function. Taking creatine can also lead to reduced fatigue and increased energy levels during times of sleep deprivation. Just because you are not be hitting the gym, that’s no reason to not continue to take your daily creatine. If you’re after some, you can find ours here.
Our world is changing by the minute at the moment and each days brings new challenges individually and as a community. Take care of yourself; rest, eat well, and find enjoyment in the small things. And if in doubt – creatine could be the answer 😉
Latest posts by Sally Mitchell (see all)
- Pure protein or a protein powder blend: Which is best? - June 3, 2020
- How to sell VPA supplements in your gym - June 1, 2020