Reading Time: < 1 minute
Did you know that only around 7% of adults and 5% of children eat the recommended 5 serves of vegetables every day? Help boost yourself into that 7% by making this this Hidden Vegetable Chocolate Cake with VPA chocolate WPI protein. The cake is loaded with sweet potato and covered in a decadent avocado frosting. Loaded with healthy fats also, this hidden veg cake is delicious and worth a go.
- 2 cups Sweet Potato
- 2 Eggs
- 2 scoops VPA Chocolate WPI
- ¼ cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ cup Coconut Sugar
- ¼ cup Coconut Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ½ cup Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Large Avocado
- 40g Cocoa Powder
- 10 Soaked Dates
- Soak the dates in hot water for about an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180º and in a cake tin.
- Steam to pumpkin until soft.
- Combine all cake ingredients until smooth.
- Transfer to the cake tin and bake for 45 minutes.
- To make the frosting, blitz the Avocado, Cocoa and Dates in a food processor. Adding a powdered sweetener if you prefer a sweeter frosting.
- Allow the cake to cool before frosting.
MACROS (per serve) Cals: 301 Protein: 9.9g Fat: 16.5g Carbs: 24.7g
The following two tabs change content below.
Sally Mitchell (BSc, MHumNut) is a university qualified nutritionist and VPA staff member. Her favourite VPA product is coffee Breakfast Shake. She enjoys powerlifting and running, and does both poorly.
Latest posts by Sally Mitchell (see all)
- Pure protein or a protein powder blend: Which is best? - June 3, 2020
- How to sell VPA supplements in your gym - June 1, 2020