|Per Serve||Per 100g|
|Total Fat (g)||-||-|
|Saturated Fat (g)||-||-|
|Total Carbohydrate (g)||-||-|
|Magnesium Aspartate (mg)||1200||49200|
|.equivalent to magnesium (mg)||300||12300|
|Potassium Phosphate (mg)||696||28536|
|.equivalent to potassium (mg)||200||8200|
|Sodium Chloride (mg)||255||10455|
|.equivalent to sodium (mg)||100||4100|
|Calcium Citrate (mg)||285||11685|
|.equivalent to calcium (mg)||60||2460|
How VPA’s Lyte-Caps Caps optimises youVPA’s Lyte-Caps combines the essential electrolytes and carbohydrates to replenish your body after intense exercise. When exercising, these nutrients are generally lost through sweating, especially when exercising in hot weather; excessive loss of electrolytes can severely impede performance and limit your potential.
If you are a regular user of drinks such as Lucozade, Powerade or Gatorade during your workouts but are on the lookout for something to enhance your performance even further, save you money, and have the convenience of a capsule…then VPA Lyte-Caps is for you!
- Contains all the essential electrolytes.
- Helps increase endurance and performance.
- Assists with rehydration.
- Ideal for ward climate training
Electrolyte Caps are best taken directly before or during intense training sessions.
A dose of 2400mg (4 capsules) provides the equivalent of 660mg of pure electrolytes.
100% Pharmaceutical grade Magnesium L Aspartate, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, Calcium Citrate. Capsules contain Gelatin.
100% PRODUCT SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
If you are not 100% happy with your product, please Contact our service team to arrange to have the product returned (at your own cost) for either an exchange or money back refund. Please make sure that at least 90% of the product is returned.
100% PRODUCT PURITY GUARANTEE
We guarantee the purity of our product. Why, because we pack and blend all of our products on our HACCP approved, ISO approved facility in Brisbane, QLD, Australia. We regularly test the purity of our products so you can be confident that you will never be receiving under-dosed or amino-spiked supplements from VPA Australia.
Why VPA’s Lyte-Caps is superiorWe take quality seriously, that is why VPA’s Lyte-Caps is used and trusted by Australia’s top athletes. Almost 13,000 independent positive reviews show you who Australians prefer and trust.
- Third Party Lab Testing: Unlike other supplement providers we take extreme measures to ensure our Lyte-Caps is the highest quality in the market, employing third party lab testing by the National Measurement Institute, the authority for Australia’s chemical, biological, physical and trade testing.
- Global Quality Assurance Testing: VPA is one of few supplement companies that has been certified by Informed Sport the world leader for supplement quality assurance, and tested by LGC’s world class sports anti-doping lab.
- Product Guarantee: We are so confident that you will love our Lyte-Caps we have a product guarantee that ensures you are happy with your product.
- Free Shipping: Unlike many other Lyte-Caps providers, we don’t believe our customers should pay for shipping in 2017. We prefer to be transparent with our pricing so you are not shocked to see the price of your products jump once you get to your shopping cart and realise you have been charged extra for shipping.
- Lowest Price Guarantee: We pride ourselves on offering the best value Lyte-Caps in Australia. We have been able to do this while maintaining quality because we have cut out all of the middle men (Retailers, distributors, manufacturers), we manufacture ourselves and sell directly to the public.
- Certified Warehouses Across Australia: Because we have ISO and HACCP certified warehouses in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne, we are able to get your Lyte-Caps to you faster than the majority of the supplement companies, with the highest level of hygiene possible in Australia.
During exercise, water and electrolyte loss occur, primarily with sweat, which results changes in fluid and electrolyte balance. This is a major concern, in particular for all athletes competing in events held in hot climates due to the increase in fluid and electrolyte imbalance. Intake of large amount of plain water during and post-exercise has been observed to reduce plasma osmolarity and plasma sodium concentration. Both of these factors will stimulate urine production where electrolytes will be drained from the body with urine.
Sports drink have been extensively studied over the years with a view to the optimisation of the formulation to increase exercise performance. According to some studies, the aim of sports drinks is to provide water to counteract the effects of dehydration and also carbohydrate source to supplement the body’s limited endogenous stores (Maughan et al, 1994). Sports drinks generally have electrolytes added to it to replace electrolytes lost in sweat, normally beneficial for post-exercise but not highly essential during exercise period when only containing electrolytes and glucose.
Venom has developed an electrolyte drink that can be consumed during and post workout with the addition of essential amino acids that not only provide hydration but can also increase endurance, strength, intensity and recovery. Below is the following nutrients formulated in Venom Electrolytes.
- Electrolytes - formulation in sports drink usually includes sodium and potassium as these two major ions are lost in sweat and urine after workout. The addition of sodium to rehydration beverages can be justified on two accounts. Firstly, sodium stimulates glucose absorption in the small intestine. The active co-transport of glucose and sodium creates an osmotic gradient that acts to promote net water absorption and the rate of rehydration is therefore greater when glucose-sodium chloride solutions are consumed than when plain water is ingested. Secondly, if volume of plain water ingested is sufficiently large, replacement of sweat losses with plain water will lead to haemodilution. Haemodilution refers to the increase in the volume of plasma in relation to red blood cells, which can reduce the desire to drink and can potentially lead to hyponatraemia, an electrolyte disturbance whereby the sodium ion concentration in the plasma is lower than normal. In other words, ingestion of glucose-electrolyte solution after dehydration have been found to result in smaller urine output and more complete restoration of plasma volume than ingestion of plain water. Similarly, potassium is also a major ion of the intracellular fluid that may aid rehydration by enhancing the retention of water in the intracellular space. Small quantities of other electrolytes such as potassium, chloride, magnesium and calcium may be added to the solution in order to support electrolyte replacement and providing other benefits such as increasing muscle recovery and reducing muscle soreness.
Maughan RJ, Owen JH, Shirreffs SM, Leiper JB. Post-exercise rehydration in man: effects of electrolyte addition to ingested fluids. Eur J Appl Physiol 1994; 69:209-215.
Maughan RJ, Leiper JB, Shirreffs SM. Factors influencing the restoration of fluid and elcectrolyte balance after exercise in the heat. Br J Sports Med 1997; 31: 175-182.
Bronus F, Kovacs EMR, Serden JMG. The effect of different rehydrated drinks on post-exercise electrolyte excretion in trained atheletes. Int J Sports Med 1994; 19: 56-60.
Miller SL, Tipton KD, Chinkes DL, Wolf SE, Wolf RR. Independent and combined effects of amino acids and glucose after resistance exercise. Med & Sci in Sports & Exer 2002: 449-455.
Tarnopolsky M. Protein requirements for endurance athletes. Nutrition 2004, 20(7-8):662-668
Forslund AH, El-Khoury AE, Olsson RM, Sjodin AM, Hambraeus L, Young VR. Effect of protein intake and physical activity on 24-h pattern and rate of macronutrient utilization. Am J Physiol 1999, 276(5 Pt 1):E964-76.