|Per Serve||Per 100g|
|Total Fat (g)||1.9||3.2|
|Saturated Fat (g)||0.8||1.4|
|Total Carbohydrates (g)||22||36.6|
|Dietary Fibre (g)||0.3||0.5|
|Vitamins and Minerals||Per Serve||Per 100g|
|Riboflavin||0.4 mg (25% RDI)||0.7mg|
|Niacin||2.6 mg (26% RDI)||4.3mg|
|Folate||51.4 ug (26% RDI)||85.6ug|
|Vitamin B6||0.4 mg (25% RDI)||0.7mg|
|Vitamin B12||0.5 mg (25% RDI)||0.8ug|
|Vitamin C||10 mg (25% RDI)||16.7mg|
|Vitamin D||2.5 ug (25% RDI)||4.2ug|
|Vitamin E||2.5 mg (25% RDI)||4.2mg|
|Calcium||283.5 mg (35% RDI)||472.5mg|
|Iodine||39 ug (26% RDI)||65ug|
|Iron||3 mg (25% RDI)||5.1mg|
|Magnesium||89 mg (28% RDI)||148.4mg|
|Phosphorous||325 mg (33% RDI)||545.1mg|
|Zinc||3 mg (25% RDI)||5mg|
|Biotin||4 ug (14% ESADDI)||6.7ug|
|Pantothenic Acid||0.64 mg (14% ESADDI)||1.1mg|
|Vitamin K||30.1 ug (38% ESADDI)||50.2ug|
|Chromium||27.2 ug (14% ESADDI)||45.3ug|
|Copper||0.44 mg (15% ESADDI)||0.7mg|
|Manganese||0.85 mg (17% ESADDI)||1.4mg|
|Molybdenum||34 ug (14% ESADDI)||56.7ug|
|Selenium||16 ug (23% RDI)||26.7ug|
|Total Amino Acid Profile||Per Serve||Per 100g|
|Aspartic Acid (mg)||3,363||5,605|
|Glutamic Acid (mg)||5,196||8,660|
How VPA’s Meal Replacement Optimises YouThe healthiest version of a full spectrum meal in a cup! Naturally sweetened with Stevia, VPA’s Meal Replacement provides the perfect ratio of protein, carbs and fats along with a wide range of vitamins, minerals and trace elements to supply all of your body’s needs.
For only $1.60 to $1.74 per serve VPA’s Meal Replacement is the cheapest meal you will find with the level of nutritional density anywhere in Australia. It is perfect for athletes needing to get their daily nutritional needs on the run, busy individuals who don’t have the time to prepare a healthy meal, or anyone wanting to up their nutritional consumption.
- 28g of high-quality protein per serve.
- The perfect ratio of nutrients to substitute the ideal meal.
- 22g of natural, healthy complex carbohydrates in the form of low GI oats.
- 7.2g BCAA’s proven to help repair muscle and aid in recovery.
- Multivitamin fortification for energy throughout the day.
- Naturally flavoured with Stevia.
Add 2 scoops to 400ml of low fat milk. Stir or shake for 20 seconds, or until completely dispersed.
Serving size: 60 grams
Skim Milk Powder, Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Maltodextrin, Oat Flour, Minerals (Calcium, Hydrogen Phosphate Hydrate, Monopotassium Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, Magnesium Glycinate, Zinc Gluconate, Ferric Pyrophosphate, Manganese Sulphate, Copper Sulphatem Sodium Molybdate, Potassium Iodide, Chromic Chloride and Sodium Selenite), Flavour, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Xanthum Gum, Vitamins (Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Thiamin, Vitamin A, Folate, Vitamin K, Biotin, Vitamin D and Vitamin B12) and Stevia.
Cocoa is included in chocolate based flavours.
Contains ingredients from milk, soy and gluten products.
The Ingredient Breakdown
- Oat Flour: Oat Flour is a healthy source of dietary fiber which may also reduce the risk of heart disease. This high-quality carbohydrate supplies the body with energy throughout the whole day.
- Whey Protein Concentrate: Sourced from premium New Zealand and Australian Grass Fed cattle, VPA’s WPC delivers your body the ideal supply of protein to start the day. With a protein percentage of approximately 80% and very low fat and carbohydrate levels (only 0.7g and 1.5g respectively) VPA’s WPC is extracted using ultra-filtration processes ensuring the protein is left in its most natural form.
- Whey Protein Isolate: Recognized as one of the purest forms of protein, VPA’s Grass Fed WPI has the highest protein percentage (90+) with the lowest fats and carbohydrates, allowing it to be absorbed almost instantly into your blood stream. Approximately 30-minute peak muscle saturation.
- Minerals: VPA’s Meal Replacement is full of minerals including, Calcium, Hydrogen Phosphate Hydrate, Monopotassium Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, Magnesium Glycinate, Zinc Gluconate, Ferric Pyrophosphate, Manganese Sulphate, Copper Sulphatem Sodium Molybdate, Potassium Iodide, Chromic Chloride and Sodium Selenite.
- MCT: MCT or Medium Chain Triglycerides are a form of fat that provides an easily digested, calorie dense energy source. MCTs are unique in that, unlike other fats, they are metabolised by the body more like a carbohydrate than a fat – simply, MCT provides lots of energy, very quickly. MCT is great for anyone following a low- carbohydrate diet as it has an incredible ability to promote ketones in the blood stream which then utilise fat for energy.
- Vitamins: VPA’s Meal Replacement is full of vitamins including, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Thiamin, Vitamin A, Folate, Vitamin K, Biotin, Vitamin D and Vitamin B12.Maltodextrin: Maltodextrin is a complex carbohydrate made from corn, rice or potato.
- Skim Milk Powder: Skim Milk Powder is a non-fat dried milk product, rich in milk proteins and minerals.
100% PRODUCT SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
If you are not 100% happy with your product, please Contact our service team to arrange to have the product returned (at your own cost) for either an exchange or money back refund. Please make sure that at least 90% of the product is returned.
100% PRODUCT PURITY GUARANTEE
We guarantee the purity of our product. Why, because we pack and blend all of our products on our HACCP approved, ISO approved facility in Brisbane, QLD, Australia. We regularly test the purity of our products so you can be confident that you will never be receiving under-dosed or amino-spiked supplements from VPA Australia.
Why VPA’s Meal Replacement is superiorWe take quality seriously, that is why VPA’s Meal Replacement is used and trusted by Australia’s top athletes. Almost 13,000 independent positive reviews show you who Australians prefer and trust.
- Third Party Lab Testing: Unlike other supplement providers we take extreme measures to ensure our Meal Replacement is the highest quality in the market, employing third party lab testing by the National Measurement Institute, the authority for Australia’s chemical, biological, physical and trade testing.
- Global Quality Assurance Testing: VPA is one of few supplement companies that has been certified by Informed Sport the world leader for supplement quality assurance, and tested by LGC’s world class sports anti-doping lab.
- Product Guarantee: We are so confident that you will love our Meal Replacement we have a product guarantee that ensures you are happy with your product.
- Free Shipping: Unlike many other Meal Replacement providers, we don’t believe our customers should pay for shipping in 2017. We prefer to be transparent with our pricing so you are not shocked to see the price of your products jump once you get to your shopping cart and realise you have been charged extra for shipping.
- Lowest Price Guarantee: We pride ourselves on offering the best value Meal Replacement in Australia. We have been able to do this while maintaining quality because we have cut out all of the middle men (Retailers, distributors, manufacturers), we manufacture ourselves and sell directly to the public.
- Certified Warehouses Across Australia: Because we have ISO and HACCP certified warehouses in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne, we are able to get your Meal Replacement to you faster than the majority of the supplement companies, with the highest level of hygiene possible in Australia.
Effective Weight Management Using Meal Replacement Shakes
The prevalence of obesity is increasing dramatically, particularly in Australia. There are numerous available strategies for individuals to lose weight or wanting to avoid weight regain after a successful weight loss regimen. Energy reduced diets also known as Low Calorie Diet (LCD) ranging between 1000-1600 cal/day are one of the modern weight control strategy where in most cases, Meal Replacement is incorporated. The term meal replacement applied in scientific literature refers to a wide range of food products that includes beverages, pre-packaged shelf-stable and frozen entrees, and meal/snack bars (Wing et al, 1996). These foods can be used as the sole energy source for a meal or in combination with other foods.
Meal replacement shakes provide a mixture of protein, carbohydrate, and fat, as well as added vitamins and minerals. The shakes come in liquid ready-to-drink or powder formulas that require mixing, designed to mimic a low-calorie meal or snack, easy to prepare and quick to consume.
So how are Meal Replacement shakes able to assist in Weight Management?
- Better Time Management & Healthier Food Choice - Recent research shows that Meal Replacement can successfully assist in weight loss as it provides individuals with a pre-measured amount of food with a known calorie level, thus emphasising the need to measure or weigh meals or to estimate portion sizes. Meal Replacements are easy to prepare and require no clean-up (Tsai et al, 2006). Many individuals prefer to use these simple, convenient preparations instead of devoting time and energy to plan, prepare, and clean up after meals. Meal replacement shakes allow dieters to have reduced contact with calorie-dense foods and involve less decision-making. For instance, consuming a shake during a lunch break at work is easier than going to a restaurant but having to make a healthy food choice, meeting the recommended portion size so as to achieve weight loss goals. Additionally, studies show that meal replacement may further support weight loss through sensory-specific satiety (Raynor et al, 2006). Sensory-specific satiety refers to the reducing pleasure of tasting, smelling, or eating the same food or drink until full or satisfied. Using monotonous meals or snacks such as shakes can trigger sensory-specific satiety, which may help individuals further decrease their caloric intake.
- Better Weight Management - Heymsfield et al assessed the long-term effects of an energy-restricted diet combined with one or two daily meal replacements on body weight and biomarkers of disease risk in 100 obese patients. Participants were randomly assigned to one of two dietary treatments. Both groups consumed 1,200–1,500 calories per day. One group was prescribed a diet in which all meals and snacks were prepared from self-selected, conventional foods. The other group was prescribed similar self-selected diets, except that two of the three main meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) were replaced with one of three meal replacement options (shakes, hot chocolate, or soup). The researchers found that participants who replaced two out of three meals with meal replacement options and snacks with nutrition bars lost more weight than the comparison group choosing a self-selected, isocaloric eating plan using conventional foods. At 3 months, the group consuming meal replacement options and bars lost 7.8% of their initial body weight, whereas the group eating conventional foods lost 1.5% of their initial body weight. After the initial intervention, both groups were asked to continue to follow a 1,200- to 1,500-calorie eating plan and to replace one meal with a meal replacement option and one snack with a bar each day. After 4 years, the initial meal replacement option/snack bar intervention group lost a mean 8.4% of their body weight, whereas the group initially selecting conventional foods lost 3.2% of their body weight. Both groups saw improvements in blood glucose and insulin levels and the replacement option/snack bar group also had significant improvements in triglycerides and systolic blood pressure compared to baseline.
- Slimmer, Fitter & Leaner - Venom Meal Replacement not only is low in calorie, fats and carbohydrates (whilst still meeting minimum energy requirements), it also contains added whey proteins (from NZ Grass fed cattle) that are high in protein and essential amino acids, particularly BCAA and L-Glutamine, which can increase strength and lean muscle mass. Whey proteins can contain up to 26% BCAA, which are efficient substances for synthesising new proteins where BCAA Leucine acts as a signalling molecule for initiation of protein synthesis. It has been found that the quality of a particular protein for enhancing muscle mass and strength is related to its Leucine content. Research has also found that the amino acid profile in individuals’ dietary proteins influences their nitrogen utilization, therefore poor quality dietary protein intake have been shown to increase nitrogen losses and limit protein synthesis (Boire et al, 1997). Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT) and oats have also been added to enhance satiety to avoid overfeeding, reducing fat content and distribution.
- Highly Energized & Nutritious - Venom Meal Replacement uses 100% natural sweeteners (Stevia) and does not have any added fructose and sucrose. It is highly packed with fast acting carbohydrates, in particular dextrose and maltodextrin for fast energy release as well as containing 25 essential vitamins and minerals to meet your daily vitamins and minerals requirement. Some research found that ingesting fast release carbohydrates such as dextrose and maltodextrin in combination with high proteins and amino acid meal can enhance protein synthesis and energy restoration (Aragon et al, 2013).
Aragon AA, Schoenfeld BJ. Nutrient timing revisisted: is there a post-exercise anabolic window? Jour of the Inter Soc of Sports Nutr 2013, 10:5. Wing RR, Jeffery RW, Burton LR, Thorson C, Nissinoff KS, Baxter JE. Food provision vs structured meal plans in the behavioral treatment of obesity. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 1996; 20: 56–62.
Heymsfield SB, Van Mierlo CA, Van Der Knaap HC, Heo M, Frier HI. Weight management using a meal replacement strategy: meta and pooling analysis from six studies. Int J Obes 2003, 27:537–549.
Tsai AG, Wadden TA. The evolution of very-low-calorie diets: an update and meta analysis. Obesity 2006, 14:1283–1293.
Raynor HA, Niemeier HM, Wing RR. Effect of limiting snack food variety on long-term sensory-specific satiety and monotony during obesity treatment. Eat Behav 2006, 7:1–14.
Schoeller DA: How accurate is self-reported dietary energy intake? Nutr Rev 1990, 48:373–379.
Lichtman SW, Pisarska K, Berman ER, Pestone M, Dowling H, Offenbacher E, Weisel H, Heshka S, Matthews DE, Heymsfield SB. Discrepancy between self-reported and actual calorie intake and exercise in obese subjects. N Engl J Med 1992, 327:1893–1898.
Bandini LG, Schoeller DA, Cyr HN, Dietz WH. Validity of reported energy intake in obese and nonobese adolescents. Am J Clin Nutr 1990, 52:421–425.
Ditschuneit HH, Flechtner-Mors M, Johnson TD, Adler G: Metabolic and weight loss effects of dietary intervention in obese patients. Am J Clin Nutr 1999, 69:198–204.
Flechtner-Mors M, Ditschuneit H, Johnson T, Suchard M, Adler G. Metabolic and weight loss effects of long-term intervention in obese patients: four-year results. Obes Res 2000, 8:399–402.