The never-ending burden of chronic stress can be created by life. As this occurs , the body continuously releases dopamine, norepinephrine, and cortisol stress hormones. If this is not controlled, constant stress can lead to reduced fitness, depression, and can inevitably kill us.
Stress will manifest by raising the risk/s of:
- Obesity / Increase of Weight
- Insulin Resistance / Diabetes Type II
- Hypercholesterolemia (high cholesterol)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Persistent Fatigue
- Anxiety disorders and depression
- Eating disorders (both overeating and undereating)
- Abuse of drugs & liquor (including smoking).
The resistance to stress has a huge effect on your ability to retain the quality of your life. If you can not handle tension, a high-quality of life can not be appreciated. The ability to select behaviours where you can affect the challenging situation by keeping composure and maintaining balance is one of the most critical reasons for doing this.
Many individuals may not know that there is a clear association between stress regulation and modulation of desires. When you manage your emotions, you decrease the possible risk triggers. Stress management will also lead to your plans for weight loss, as well as your overall wellbeing and well-being.
Some Techniques for Stress Control include:
- Positive visualisation
- Embracing favourable self-talk
- Breathe Regulated (Breathing )
- Take your occasional time off. Introduction more holidays
- Grab an interesting hobby
- Get yourself a shot of humour (NOT with food, narcotics, or alcohol!) Diversion
- Providing a network of encouragement to express thoughts & feelings
Speak to a psychologist 1 on 1 (therapy appointments are NOT only about mental illness, but also for mental wellbeing that can deteriorate from heavy levels of stress).
Ensure that you pay as much attention to stress control as to your targets for weight loss, diet, wellness, and fitness, as the relationship between them all is more important than you would imagine!