Magnesium is a nutrient that the body needs to stay healthy! It is involved in a host of different processes within the body including regulation of muscle and nerve function, making protein, bone and DNA whilst also assisting with blood pressure. VPA Australia has a variety of different products that contain magnesium including Magnegel and ZMA6 Recovery, so what do these products do and why is magnesium so important?
Magnesium is a workhorse of minerals in the body we need. Generally, magnesium is found within a variety of plant-based foods including dark chocolate, avocados, spinach, some varieties of nuts and seeds, legumes, tofu and wholegrains are all great examples. In our bodies there are a vast number of chemical reactions that take place every single day! More than 300 requiring magnesium, it is an important electrolyte supporting musculoskeletal and neurological wellbeing.
The recommendations for magnesium among men and women vary also depending on age. The ZMA6 Recovery product by VPA contains 200mg per 10 gram serve which is around 62% of the recommended daily intake (RDA) depending on which population you are looking at. Whilst Magnegel has around 500mg magnesium per 60g serve. For males the recommended intake is 410mg/day for 14-18 year old’s, 400mg/day for those between the age of 19-30 and 420mg/day for those over the age of 31. Women on the other hand should aim for 360mg/day between the ages of 14-18, 310mg/day between the ages of 19-30 and 320mg/day for women over the age of 31.
These products can be incorporated into a healthy well-balanced diet to help you maximise recovery and endurance performance. Research has found that individuals who participate in strength-based exercise that find themselves with a magnesium deficit are at risk of inefficient energy metabolism and reduced endurance performance. For you, endurance athletes out there, stashing away a few magnegels for your race could make all the difference with findings that show a higher intake of Magnesium is associated with improved cardiorespiratory performance.
Next time you are looking for a performance and recovery supplement VPA’s Magnegel and ZMA6 Recoveryis for you.
- After exercise, magnegel provides nutrients that positively effect energy production and recovery
- Magnegel is perfect for any person wanting to maximise extended exercise activity
- Magnegel can assist with maintaining recommended daily magnesium intake
- Magnesium assists with maintaining adequate mineral concentrations during exercise to promote optimal performance
- ZMA6 Recovery is designed to help encourage restful recovery by including bioavailable sources of Zinc and Magnesium, as well as Ashwaghanda Extract, L-Tryptophan, and Vitamin B6.
- The product goes further by adding recovery specific ingredients such as Collagen Hydrolysate and L-Glutamine.