If your goal is to lose weight, lose fat, shred, or achieve a more toned body then you have probably googled- "Best supplements for losing weight.” The world of weight loss supplements can be overwhelming, so we are here to help find the best one for you.
To lose weight, one must have a calorie deficit. But is a high protein intake necessary? “Is protein one of the secrets to weight loss?”, was a question that an Accredited Practising Dietitian and Accredited Sports Dietitian, Aidan Muir, answered and discussed in a blog a while back. The research is clear that protein is the most satiating of all the macronutrients. If you eat 1500 calories per day and have 30% of your calories coming from protein you will likely feel fuller and reduce your appetite. A high protein intake also boosts metabolism and changes several weight-regulating hormones.
So what are the best VPA weight loss supplements?
1.WPI or WPC
Our protein powders are one of our best-selling products for reasons being, they are guaranteed of highest quality, pure Australian NZ whey protein. Supplementing with a good quality protein powder is a great way to do it. It isn’t necessarily better than reaching the same protein target through food, but there are times when it is far more convenient since it requires zero prep time and you can also easily take it on the go.
What is Whey Protein Isolate?
Whey Protein Isolate or WPI is a very fast-digesting dairy protein that consists of at least 90% protein, with almost no carbohydrates or fats. WPI is also 99% lactose-free, making it suitable for most people who are lactose intolerant.
What is Whey Protein Concentrate?
Whey Protein Concentrate orWPC is aslower-digesting protein that contains lots of macronutrients and bioactive compounds. WPC is a great option to consume throughout the day.
What’s the difference between WPI and WPC? We’ve that covered on a different blog to help you choose which one is right for you. One thing you’ll love with our protein powders are the amazing range in flavours! No more boring limited options. And if you’re keen on having a taste of ALL of them, we recommend grabbing a sample pack to try them out before making the big leap.
2. Lean Shake Plus
If you’re looking at our other protein powder options or other protein powder blends, you might want to check out or Lean Shake Plus.
What is it Lean Shake Plus?
Lean Shake Plus is a Formulated Meal Replacement as described by Food Safety Australia and New Zealand (FSANZ) in Standard 2.9.3. We know there are tons of meal replacement products that are on the hype but we’re *humbly* saying, they won’t even come close.
VPA’s version of the meal replacement shake is top notch with 28g protein (because gains are important, and protein keeps you full!), 905 kilojoules or 216 calories + at least 25% RDI of all the required minerals. Yes, we basically we nailed this product!
How is it different from WPI or WPC?
A meal replacement shake is not a pure protein powder like WPC or WPI.Meal replacement shakes are designed to provide you with the nutrition contained in one complete meal. Meal replacement shakes have the added nutrition of carbohydrate, vitamins, minerals andfibre.
Know more about our Lean Shake Plus.
3. Hyperburn FX
Hyperburn FX is VPA’s fat burner supplement. Fat burners generally act through multiple pathways to assist in the fat loss process. They are designed to be used alongside your regular diet and exercise regime to accelerate fat loss.
The sports and fitness industry is full of fat burners. But do some of these fat burners even work? There is nothing we hate more than a product that over promises and under delivers. Unlike other popular brands, we believe in disclosing our full ingredients list and nutrition information to customers, so you can make an informed decision about the supplements you choose to take.
Hyperburn FX includes the following active ingredients:
- AcaciaFibre– to keep you feeling full and for hunger control.
- L-glutamine– Improves insulin sensitivity
- BCAA - Due to their rapid absorption into the blood stream, BCAAmaximise muscle growth and repair, and fuel training. BCAA may help reduce fatigue during training, reduce muscle soreness, increase muscle mass, and lower blood sugar levels.
- L-carnitine - L-carnitine plays several vital roles within our bodies including the transport of fatty acids into our cell mitochondria, our body’s power production plants, for oxidation and conversion into energy for our muscles to use.
- Konjac Root – a different type offibre to keep you feeling full and for hunger control.
- Guarana - Acting as a stimulant, guarana helps improve cognition and switches you on for maximum performance.
- L-glycine – accelerates fat loss during times of calorie restriction.
- L-tyrosine - L-Tyrosine 0.1g: Plays a role in increasing alertness, helping you to perform at your best.
- Green tea extract - A stimulant that helps to increase your metabolic rate, helping you to burn more fat.
- Caffeine – A stimulant that helps to increase your metabolic rate, helping you to burn more fat. Caffeine also plays a role in hunger suppression which helps with weight loss. The final benefit of caffeine is that it can make your workout seem easier, which allows you to work harder, and therefore burn more calories.
- Ginger powder - Improves blood flow and may improve brain function and increase alertness.
Know more about our Hyperburn FX.