Calling all chocolate lovers, this recipe is for you. These rich fudgy brownies are the perfect balance between sweet and salty. Packing good-for-you sweet potato and nutty chocolaty flavours, you aren't going to be able to resist the creamy textures. These decadent brownie's are easy-to-prepare and easy-to-love. Did I mention they were vegan too?!
Lovingly made with VPA Chocolate Premium Plant Protein.
1/2 cup wholemeal spelt flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp pink salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup VPA Chocolate Premium Plant Protein
1/4 cup cacao
1 cup cooked sweet potato
1/2 cup tahini
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 flax eggs (2 tbs ground flax seeds + 6 tbs water)
1/2 cup sugar free maple syrup
50g dark chocolate, melted + more to sprinkle on top (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180°and line a brownie tray.
2. Combine the ground flax and water in a small bowl and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
3. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
4. Add wet ingredients (except the chocolate) & flax eggs and combine well until there are no lumps.
5. Stir through melted chocolate.
6. Pour into brownie tray and sprinkle more chocolate on top (optional).
7. Bake for 30-40mins - the centre will still be fudgy. Let cool and slice into 9-12 pieces.
Calories 177, Carbs 13.3 grams, Fat 9.9 grams, Protein 7.1 grams