Get excited because here is a recipe for one of our favourite pastries in the form of a protein ball…. Cinnamon Bun Protein Balls.
We know you all love a good cinnamon bun, especially Cinnabon (right?), so we have made a healthy cinnamon treat for you to enjoy. These were an office favourite when we had the chance to sample them, so we are sure you will love them also. The hardest part will be having to share them or sticking to one at a time. Our Cinnamon Bun Protein Balls are a soft and delicious treat with 126 calories and 4.5g of protein per serve.
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 scoops vanilla WPI
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup almond meal
- One tbsp coconut oil
- Pecan meal and Cinnamon/Cinnamon Sugar (for rolling)
- Soak the dates in boiling water for 30 minute to soften them.
- While the dates soak, combine pecan meal and cinnamon or cinnamon sugar for coating. If you are unable to find pecan meal at the store, instead take 1 cup of pecans and blend in a high speed food processor.
- Drain the dates and in a food processor and combine all ingredients until smooth.
- Take about 2 tbsp of the mixture and roll into a ball.
- Coat the ball in the pecan meal mix and repeat.
MACROS Cals: 126 Protein: 4.5g Fat: 8.6g Carbs: 6.8g
Keen for more?
For regular updates follow us on Social Media
Remember to tag us in your training sessions, when you get your new product deliveries or when you’re rocking your VPA Vital Range Apparel.